Thursday, September 20, 2007

Bias in History

Hey everyone,
I realized that I never gave you my email address. It's rmclaren@wesleyan.edu, so if you have any questions for me, dont hesitate to shoot me an email. Also, I was thinking about the paper topics and found this website.

http://www.umass.edu/wsp/methodology/outline/bias.html

Clearly this is addressing paper topic number 3, and it takes a pretty clear point of view in terms of bias and passing judgement. It also raises some interesting questions about history and what is legitimate. Is history best study from within or must we restrict ourselves to the periphery? Both of these approaches can be problematic in different ways, and the authors we have read can be equally as problematic. Just some food for thought. Best of luck,
Ryan

No comments: