Wednesday, September 12, 2007

TA information

Hey guys,

My name is Stephanie. I’m a senior U.S. history major and will serve as one of the writing fellows for this course along with Ryan. I’d just like to take a minute to welcome you to 20th century United States History. Because of the large class size we understand that it can be intimidating to articulate your opinions or pose questions in front of everyone. Believe me, we know from experience- when we had Professor Potter for class we barely spoke two words. Thus, for any of you that would like to meet as a group for informal sessions, I will be holding office hours on Thursday nights from 9-11 pm in the lobby of the Usdan Center. The purposes of these sessions will vary depending on the needs of the individuals that show up- sometimes we’ll be discussing the main themes of the readings, critiquing essays, discussing effective note taking strategies or whatever else you guys have questions about. Please don’t hesitate to contact either Ryan or myself if you ever have any questions or concerns. I look forward to meeting and working with all of you…good luck!

No comments: